Sunday, May 27, 2012

When I Was Little: Coffee Eyes

When I was little (three years old to be exact), there was a man who would sometimes keep nursery for my class at church. He was an older man, and he was a lot of fun. I do not remember much about him, but I do remember that he had one blue eye and one brown eye.

One time during class, he asked all of us if we drink coffee. I said that I did. My momma gave me coffee with milk and sugar all the time. He said, "Really?" (I mean who in the world, other than my momma, would give a toddler coffee to drink?), and then he said, "That's why your eyes are brown."

I can remember looking at him in disbelief. He said, "See? I only drink coffee on this side of my mouth," as he pointed to the side of his face with the brown eye.

For years, I thought that my eyes were brown because I drank coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment